Monday, December 13, 2010

The Italian Job (2003)

The Italian Job is one of my favorite movies. I just love heist films, they're smart, sly and witty and just about every other word for genius. That is, of course if they get away with it, if they don't, then that doesn't count as a great heist film on my book.

I love everything about this movie, the cars, the scheme, the characters (or the lack of it) and of course..the score.


John Powell is the most amazing score composer (for me) I just love the way he seem to tell a story from a single piece. The build-up, the climax, the mellow ending, it's just incredible, like the perfect soundtrack for an incredible se-...time.


I know what you think, why listen to scores? They're all the same anyway.


Sure, that may seem so, but the arrangement for a specific scene is what determines if the score is great. I know It'll be hard to concentrate on the background music, but sometimes, the background music is so intense that, that is what draws you the scene itself.


My favorite scene and score from this movie is the "New Plan" it's the part when the 3 armored vans roll out from the mansion and unto the streets and they have to figure out which one has the safe in it. I tell you, it's so great!!! But you gotta see it for yourself, for you to know what I'm saying.


My other favorties would be the Boat Chase, Golden and Tunnel Run. But nothing compares to the New Plan. The introduction of each instrument starting from the heavy percussions down to the smooth violins, and the climax that brings them all together, oh damn, I just can't help but get shivers from it. seriously one of the best.
Score Tracklist:
  1. Opening Titles
  2. Italian Job
  3. Venice Gold Heist
  4. Boat Chase
  5. Mourning John
  6. Planning the Heist
  7. Pawning the Gold
  8. Cable Chick
  9. Getting the Axe
  10. Devil Inside
  11. Bitter Suite
  12. New Plan
  13. Tunnel Run
  14. Chopper Chase/ Face Off
  15. Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment