Monday, December 13, 2010

Bones

For those who love "Bones" the series starring Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz, you should read the original "Bones" series written by Kathy Reichs (which, by the way is one of the shows producers and resident forensic anthropologist).

Although the series is loosely based on Kathy Reichs' main character which have the same name and profession, that's about it. And quite frankly, I find the tv series' Tempe Brennan more appealing, not because she's young and pretty, but because she's more feisty and braver and... hell I just like her.
 Then again maybe it's because of the show's genre, so the cast and their characters are more comedic and comical.

Though the books are more serious because they tend to focus more on the scientific and realistic aspect in forensic anthropology. Who would watch a serious tv show anyway right? But I doubt that Kathy Reich's would allow the story to get too farout.

"Bones" really is one of my favorite forensic shows, and if it's your's too, I really recommend reading the book series. It may be too serious, the terms maybe a little too overwhelming (I know I was) but it's really not all that different. Just think that it Tempe Brennan a few years from the tv series. (lol)


oh and trivia: the Temperance Brennan from the book series is kinda loosely based on Kathy Reichs' life as the forensic anthropologist from Charlotte, North Carolina.

Bones is currently showing it's 5th season here in the Philippines on Fox at 9:50pm.

for more info on the show, click here.

2 comments:

  1. didn't know the show was based on a book series.. I'm going to have to visit the local bookstore to get a copy sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I read the books first and I was like, "hmmm this looks familiar" then I saw a Bones commercial on TV. hahaha slow :)

    ReplyDelete