Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lady Antebellum

Lady_Antebellum
Lady Antebellum (from left to right): Hillary Scott, Dave Haywood and Charles Kelley


Ok, I'm a little freaked out that Lady Antebellum's following me on twitter! I don't know if I should be flattered by it, since they're following like 23k people. LOL I think it's just perfect timing, I've been going country crazy this past few days. My playlist these days are like mostly from Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts and Lady Antebellum.

So this is kinda surreal. Of course, I didn't expect a verified account to be following me, so I'm a li'l freaked out. lol

Ok. So I started recognizing Lady Antebellum when they topped the Billboard Charts last year, I immediately got their 2 albums and fell in love with them. Although I have to admit I love the latest one more. Favorite song? "Perfect Day". Need I say more?

Lady Antebellum is a band from Nashville, Tennessee. Just from that, you'd know that it's a great band. The trio consists of Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley (Josh Kelley's brother) and Dave Haywood.

I think their first album was more solemn and though that was fine, I kinda like it more upbeat. I did love the songs "All We'd Ever Need", "I Run To You" "One Day You Will"; those are my top picks from their first self-titled album.

From the "Need You Now" album, as I've said, it seemed more upbeat with songs such as "American Honey" "Our Kind of Love" and "Perfect Day" which is like one of my happy songs. Of course, I can never stop singing along to "Need You Now". There are a lot of good stuff there.

Oh the other thing I love Lady Antebellum, is that their songs are duets. I don't get to sing duets that often, and finding good duets is kinda hard, especially ones that are near my range. I know I could always change the key, but I kind of have this habit of singing it from the original key; and Hillary Scott's range is just perfect. I'm not saying I sing as good as Hillary Scott, just that I can reach it.

So if you're looking for great country music, I highly suggest listening to Lady Antebellum. But I kinda doubt you haven't heard of them yet.

Lady Antebellum Twitter, Facebook and the Website

No comments:

Post a Comment