Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gabe Bondoc

Gabe Bondoc is a Filipino residing somewhere in the US (I'm no stalker, so don't ask me where exactly lol) I've come to know him through an introduction of a friend. I don't personally know him, I mean I knew of him because of a friend. He's somewhat of a Youtube star.

He does amazing and unique covers of popular songs; also he writes and performs his originals. He has this smooth dreamy voice, that kind of makes you (if you're a girl, but if you're a guy then good for you too!) melt. His antics and the way he performs even if it is only on Youtube is mesmerizing. He has that kind of charisma that can win a girl's heart through serenade, and makes men furious with envy that they had his voice. I can't say that his super good, only that he has knack for this kind of thing, and its as if he was born to perform.

A few of my favorite covers, seen on his youtube channel would be Rihanna's "Take a Bow", Taylor Swift's "Love Story" which even got kudos tweet from Taylor Swift herself, saying that it was the best cover of "Love Story" she'd heard. Those two are particularly great covers because though they were sung by women, he kind of gave them the other POV; the POV of the guy.

Other great covers that I love are those from his Disney songs (especially "A Whole New World" can't stop singing to it), "The Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson, "Forever" by Chris Brown, "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay, "Chasing Pavements" by Adele.

My favorite originals are "Gentlemen Don't", "Lion" a Harry Potter inspired song, "Now I Know" and lol "The Twitter Song".

Gabe Bondoc has a way with words, or shall I say lyrics, accompanied by an amazing voice. So from all the songs I have listed, there's no way I'm going to post all of them here, besides, I think Gabe Bondoc deserves a visit.

So here are his..links?


He can also be booked, and if I could just book him here in the Philippines I would.

So in the words of Gabe Bondoc "Peace, Love and Lol..."

Here's "Gentlemen Don't" by Gabe Bondoc

No comments:

Post a Comment